Friday, June 4, 2010

Au Revoir, Periscope!



Today is my last day as an intern at Periscope Studio. A thousand pictures or a million words could not explain what these three intense months have done for me. It's not just that I've learned a lot (which, obviously, I have), but that I have been brought over the crest of the learning curve in such a way that I feel that future learning will be precipitously self-propelled. (I had the same feeling sometime around my junior year of college: "Holy crap! I'm actually teaching myself!)

But, as LOST has taught us all, the important thing is not what I learned or what I did, but that I made a bunch of white friends and one Asian friend that will last a lifetime. Thanks (in order of desk placement only) to Ron Randal, Karl Kesel, Steve Lieber, Ron Chan, Terri Nelson, Erika Moen, Dylan Meconis, David Hahn, Paul Guinan, Ben Dewey, Jonathan Case, Paul Tobin, Colleen Coover, Jeff Parker, Rich Ellis, Aaron McConnel, Jesse Hamm, Susan Tardiff, Dustin Weaver, Ben Bates and Jeremy Barlow (and my fellow intern Zach "The Deuce" Fischer). Wow, I did that so easily, without looking up the names anywhere! On day one, I thought I'd never get 'em all down.

Au Revoir, Periscope. I will be back to bother you once a month for the next 10-20 years.

Everett

1 comment:

  1. Everett! I missed your last day?! I'm glad to hear you'll be returning on a regular basis. This means you're making Portland your home for the foreseeable future? It was a great pleasure having you splashing in the ink with us. I look forward to following your progress on this blog, and by all means keep in touch. Best wishes, -Aaron-McC-

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...