Friday, August 27, 2010

I'll be at the Portland Zine Symposium this Weekend

Just a personal update: this weekend I will be tabling at the Portland Zine Symposium in PSU's Peter W. Scott Main Gym. If you are in Portland, OR (and honestly, why aren't you?), stop by and pick up one of the three zines I will have for sale at $1 each:



Wakey-Wakey is a short anthology of various comics and illustrations I've done, most of them while I was interning at Periscope Studio, and some of it previously published in Stumptown Underground. There is nothing in this zine you haven't already seen on this blog.

The Savage Nobles Preview Zine includes pages 26 through 51 of the comic you are reading right now. (That's right, if you buy it this weekend you'll be able to see page 51 a full two days before it hits this site!) This is mainly intended to serve as a "gateway drug" for the website. At 5.5x8.5", it's a little smaller than I'd like to publish it eventually, but it still looks durned good in print if I d.s.s.m.

Flight of the Flightless is the 24-Hour Comic I drew in (one day of) April of this year. It's based on a true story as comically reimagined by me and my ex-roommate Turhan Sarwar about evacuating the penguins from the New Orleans Aquarium after Hurricane Katrina. (yes, a comedy about Hurricane Katrina - it's about time!) It's got cute animals, madcap action, and has a super-happy ending with a wedding and a rainbow; it will one day make me a millionaire and relaunch Cuba Gooding, Jr.'s career.



See y'all at the Symposium!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...