Wednesday, July 6, 2011

VJ Day in Times Square... With Dinosaurs!



My friends and teachers over at Periscope Studio have a weird and wonderful weekly sketch challenge. This week's theme is "World War II and Dinosaurs." After seeing Ben Dewey's pitch-perfect propaganda piece and the extremely creepy entry by Cat Farris, I knew I had to jump on the bandwagon. WWII-Dinosaurs are surely destined to succeed ninjas, pirates and zombies as the omnipresent emblem of the ironic pop-cultural zeitgeist, and let no one say I wasn't into them before they were cool.

By the way, this really is just a sketch, not like like the gorgeously rendered and researched finished pieces that often pass for "sketches" at Periscope. Way to set the bar impossibly high, guys.

1 comment:

  1. This is great dude! I love the supporting cast as well. The happy T-Rex on the left might be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...